Search This Blog

Thursday 6 January 2011

Poster Assignment part 1




This assignment was for Presentation Technique subject. We needed to choose favorite place in Rotterdam and create a poster from it.

I chose Dudok. It is a beautiful Cafe Restaurant in the center of the city. The Dudok name comes from the Architect of the building. Willem M Dudok was a Modernist architect and his early style grew out of the Amsterdame school and Prairie school. Both of the movements were part of the Expressionist architecture.

Not only that I admire the building with its horizontal lines, grouped windows on a front and the flat roof, but the interior is amazing, as is the apple pies they serve as well.

This Cafe was the first place I came into when I arrived in Rotterdam in August 2010. Since then I have been there several times.

So using the building as a inspiration, I made a poster, cut and paste collage. We were only aloud to use typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment